Valentine’s Day is this weekend! If you haven’t made plans yet, check out our suggestions. Here are 10 ways to have a romantic Valentine’s Day date in Hampton Roads. (Note: since the 14th is on a Sunday, we have included some events that are on the 12th or 13th as well.)
- Sample wine and listen to music: The Bella Monte has the area’s only Enoteca which allows you to try the wine selections of the week. Their menu features authentic Italian dishes and on Friday and Saturday from7-10 pm you can enjoy live music.
- Have dinner and see a movie simultaneously at the Beach Movie Bistro. The building actually used to be a motel, but now shows first run movies and has an extensive menu.
- Order an award-winning steak at Schlesinger’s. Their special menu is available all weekend after 4:30 pm. There is also a sweetheart brunch on the 14th from 11 am until 2:30 pm.
- Create art together: At Wine and Design, an instructor will guide you as you each paint a canvas. Check the calendar for class times and an example of what you will paint.
- Spend the day strolling around the shops in the Phoebus National Historic District, downtown Hampton, and Coliseum Central. This date is best for the 13th since many of the shops are closed on Sundays.
- Laugh until you cry at Cozzy’s. There is a special Valentine’s Day comedy show at 8 pm.
- Watch the live performance of “Beauty and the Beast” at the Ferguson Center for the Arts. There are several shows throughout the weekend.
- Eat fresh at Pearl 703. They specialize in French, Asian, and Creole cuisine and everything is farm-to-table, organic, or fair-trade.
- Indulge at Tucanos Brazilian Grill. It’s all-you-can-eat, but fancier than a buffet.
- Order lunch to go at The Grey Goose and have a picnic by the Old Point Comfort Lighthouse. If the weather isn’t nice, take it back to your place and watch a movie.
Whatever you choose to do, we hope that you have a wonderful Valentine’s Day!
If you are looking for an apartment home in the Hampton Roads area of Virginia, contact us. We would love to take you on a tour of any of our communities.Back to all posts